Unsolved UFO Cases


As Above So Below

The Unexplained UFO Portal Case in New Brighton

On the morning of Tuesday, July 10, 1979, a 58-year-old man named William York awoke in excruciating pain from a slipped disc at his flat at The Channel on Harrison Drive, Wallasey. William happened to glance out of his bedroom window and saw strange, unexplained lights in the sky.

He later told journalists about the widely reported UFOs: “I saw one light in the distance to the south; I would say it was flying east, but then it quickly turned north. “Suddenly I saw four large lights, two at each end of a horizontal line. Then they turned east and all the lights turned into a red cloud and disappeared.”

A milkman on his rounds that morning saw the same four UFOs only he had a better view of them than Mr York. He saw that they were cylindrical with rounded ends and they flew to a point just past New Brighton Lighthouse where they vanished. This spot where the unearthly craft seemed to dematerialise is known as a portal to many ufologists – it seems to be an opening near Perch Rock – an opening to where though?

Physicists call such openings wormholes, the mouths of mind-boggling tunnels through the very fabric of the space-time continuum that could provide the human race with an instantaneous way of travelling to another star system, or even to far end of the universe.

What’s fascinating about the 1979 sighting at Wallasey is that the same pill-shaped UFOs are being seen know – cylindrical with rounded ends – known today as the tic-tac UFOs – the very same ones that made a mockery out of the US Navy on manoeuvres in 2004 and 2015. The tic tac UFOs flew alongside strike fighter planes then left them standing.

The surfaces of the UFOs, which were filmed in both visible and infrared light, showed that they had a smooth hull with no discernible ailerons or exhausts to explain their propulsion. The videos of the UFOs leaked out and resulted in the Pentagon declassifying a lot of its footage of UFOs and admitting they were real and apparently piloted by ‘non-humans’.

In 2001, a Bebington man called me on air at Radio Merseyside on the Billy Butler Show and described a brilliant white UFO he and his wife had seen flying under the Runcorn Bridge and on towards Wirral as being shaped like a tic tac. This comparison to the breath mint evoked a few laughs but it is an accurate description of the phenomenal craft – the mathematical term for such a shape is a spherinder.

The one in 2001 flew along the eastern coast of Wirral and again, it vanished once it flew past New Brighton Lighthouse in broad daylight.

The most spectacular sighting of a tic tac UFO was during the Great Storm of 1987 when a violent cyclone with hurricane-force gales struck the country on October 15-16.

Just before the apocalyptic storm battered the UK, the BBC weatherman Michael Fish famously told viewers before his forecast, “Earlier on today, apparently, a woman rang the BBC and said she heard there was a hurricane on the way; well, if you’re watching, don’t worry, there isn’t. Then the storm made landfall in Cornwall. It caused £2 billion damage and resulted in 18 deaths. Gusts of over 100 mph battered Wirral.

Police closed part of Liverpool Road, Neston, after it flooded to a depth of three feet under a railway bridge, and vehicles had to be abandoned in a Biblical flood which swamped Eastham Rake, but up in the north-east corner of the Wirral peninsula, the raging seas looked as if they were going to engulf New Brighton lighthouse, and a woman in her sixties named Elaine screamed because she was sure her dog had been swept out to sea.

Her car had been blown off the road and she’d hit a bollard. Getting out to assess the damage, the lady’s poodle slipped out and seemed to vanish. Thinking the worst, Elaine was leaning into the maelstrom of the screaming winds at almost a 45 degree angle as she tried to look for her beloved pooch – when she saw something very strange: a gigantic craft hovering stock still behind the lighthouse.

Elaine later described it as resembling a giant white pill.

The waves were almost as high as the 95 feet tall lighthouse and the winds were in excess of 100 mph – and yet that craft was not moving an inch.

After watching the UFO for about twenty seconds, Elaine was startled by the craft’s sudden departure. It was there one moment and then it was a spot of light heading north across Liverpool Bay.

In tears, Elaine turned around and was blown back to her car. She got into the vehicle to find the poodle curled up in a ball on the passenger seat, its ears flat against its head as it was spooked by the howling banshee winds outside the vehicle. Elaine cried tears of laughter and drove home. The next day she heard a news report about a pill-shaped UFO that had been seen flying towards the north as if passed over the Isle of Man. The pill shape Elaine describes tallies well with our tic tac UFOs.

In much calmer weather, numerous people have seen some strange things come through the New Brighton portal.

In August 2022, a couple stood on Wallasey’s King’s Parade, looking out to sea. It was a calm warm night and as the couple looked at the moonlight twinkling on the waves, they became aware of an oval black shape which appeared about sixty feet above the water. Out of this ‘hole’ in the night air came a line of six red glowing globes which flew inland in complete silence and passed perilously close to two blocks of flats near Wellington Road.

The couple looked back at the ‘hole’ above the waters and saw it was rapidly shrinking in size and within a minute it was gone. In March 2023, a woman jogging along King’s Parade saw what seems to have been the same mysterious dark aperture about 600 yards out to sea. The woman thought her eyes were playing tricks on her at first, but then she saw two red orbs of light emerge from the hole, which then closed up. The lights flew towards the east and faded away. If someone could only send a drone with a camera into that hole, should it open again, I wonder what we would see.



As Above So Below

Small UFO that flew into the house cured a paralyzed dog

This bizarre story was published in the book Beyond UFOs: The Science of Consciousness & Contact with Non-Human Intelligence, published in the United States in 2018. One of the authors of this book is a lawyer named Ray Hernandez and this story happened directly to him and his family in his home.

At that time, his family had a dog named Nena, a Jack Russell Terrier. In 2012, Nene was already 15 years old and was rapidly developing arthritis in her extremities. At first her gait became weak, then it became increasingly difficult for her to walk, then problems with her kidneys and heart began. Nena was treated, but it only got worse.

On March 3, 2012, Nena was unable to move her paws and now could only lie down, raise her head and bark. Her owners called the veterinarian, but he only suggested they come to terms and humanely euthanize the sick pet. Euthanasia was scheduled for the next day. Ray Hernandez’s wife, Dulce Hernandez, who was a devout Catholic, took this very hard and began to pray for Nena. In the morning, around 6 o’clock, Nena began to bark restlessly.

Dulce decided that maybe she wanted to go to the toilet and took the dog in her arms, and then began to go down to the first floor into the living room, so that she could then go out into the courtyard, where Nena could relieve herself. And there, in the living room, Dulce saw a luminous silver object about a meter in diameter, which was shaped like an inverted horseshoe. This object hovered above the floor and for some reason the devout Dulce mistook it for an Angel.

“When my wife saw this object, she immediately knelt down and began to pray. She was still holding our dog in her arms and asked this “Angel” that if he was truly an Angel, then let him make sure that her dog Nena did not suffer from of his illness.”

A few minutes later, Dulce began calling her husband and asking him to come downstairs. Ray did not want to get out of bed and then she herself went upstairs and pulled him out of bed. He asked her “What happened?”, but she just said “You will see for yourself, you will see…”.

“I followed my wife down the stairs. She stopped next to Nena, who was lying on the floor, still completely paralyzed, on her back. Then my wife and dog disappeared right before my eyes! Almost immediately after that, I entered my a kind of hypnotic trance. It was as if you were in a state of awakening from a dream, half conscious, half in a dream world.”

According to Ray, while in this altered state of consciousness, he did not even think about what had just happened to his wife. He was completely stunned and looked at the strange object in his living room. But if Dulce described this object as an inverted letter U, then Ray saw in front of him a glowing multi-colored translucent object of a rectangular shape. Only its dimensions were still the same, about a meter in diameter. The object hovered at a height of about 120 cm above the living room floor. Ray called this object the “Plasma Energy Creature”.

Then he developed a kind of tunnel vision, thanks to which he could only see the space that was about a meter around the object. The rest of the living room was hidden from his view. Ray couldn’t understand what was happening, and didn’t even think about his wife and dog, who had just disappeared into thin air right before his eyes. Automatically, he went up to the bedroom on the second floor, went to bed and quickly fell asleep. According to Ray, this Plasma Energy Being then completely controlled his consciousness.

“I immediately fell asleep…and I don’t remember having any conscious thoughts during those 45 minutes. After I ‘woke up’ from this semi-conscious hypnotic trance, I ran down the stairs.”

Entering the living room, Ray Hernandez saw his wife and dog Nena materialize in the same place where they had disappeared 45 minutes earlier. Dulce began dancing around the room and playing with the fully healed Nena, who was jumping and hopping back and forth as if she was a puppy again.

At the same time, Dulce joyfully shouted: “An angel cured her!”

“My reaction to it was like an ATOMIC BOMB exploded in my head. My reality was completely shattered. I just couldn’t cope with what had just happened."

“About a week later we took Nena to our vet Phil Cruz and he asked us what was wrong with her. We were too embarrassed to tell him what really happened and instead told him we changed her diet. He couldn’t believe us because what happened was unbelievable."

“We asked him if we should continue giving her the previously prescribed arthritis pills and diuretics and he said no because she is very healthy now. We immediately stopped giving her any medications and she lived for about another year, spending these eleven months in the rhythm of the life of a young dog. And then, in the last two weeks of her life, she quickly “sank” to such a level that we finally had to euthanize her at Phil’s clinic. It was at this time that we finally told Phil what really happened."

“Phil looked at me and my wife with a very strange look and completely ignored our statement about why Nena was actually cured. We realized how crazy he thought we were both and changed the subject. He then continued his conversation as if nothing had happened. This is exactly how almost all of our friends reacted when we told them about our UFO experience.”

According to Ray Hernandez, his wife does not remember anything about what happened to her in those 45 minutes when she disappeared and he was passed out. It was a classic episode of “missing time” among abducted UFOs. She did not remember leaving the living room at all and she is also firmly convinced that she saw an object of a completely different shape than the one her husband saw.

According to Dulce, it was as if there were no 45 missing minutes for her. She didn’t feel any gap between the time she called Ray down to the living room and the time she ran around the living room with the cured dog.

According to ufologist Preston Dennett, the case of the dog Nena is only the fourth case known in ufology of UFOs curing animals.

Other cases involve an injured rooster that was healed by strange “rays of light” and two dogs that became much more energetic and lively after the sighting of the UFO. Interestingly, there is also an even more unique case where extraterrestrial beings were concerned about the state of plants. In particular, ufologist Diana Tessman reported an incident in which a forestry worker came face to face with an alien who gave him advice on how to keep forest trees healthy.



As Above So Below

Canada's best-documented UFO case still intrigues 57 years on

Stan Michalak UFO drawing.

Michalak's sketch of the object. Image Credit: Stan Michalak

Almost six decades ago, a chilling encounter with an unidentified object left one man with physical injuries. On May 20th, 1967, Stephen Michalak had been searching for pecious metals along the shores of Falcon Lake, Manitoba when he was alerted to the presence of two strange glowing oval-shaped objects hovering around 45 meters away from him.

After descending rapidly toward the ground, one of the objects stopped in the air while the other continued its descent until it came down on a flat rocky outcropping a short distance away. Curious, Michalak walked over to investigate. He estimated that the object, which had the appearance of a bowl with a dome on top, measured approximately 40ft across and 15ft in height.

He noted that he could hear muffled voices coming from what looked like a door on the lower half. Believing the object to be of terrestrial origin, he called out and asked if the occupants needed help. When he failed to get an answer, he poked his head through the door, reporting a "maze of lights."

At that moment, startled by a panel sliding open on the wall, he stepped back, grabbing the exterior of the craft as he did so. This turned out to be a mistake as it was so hot that he burnt his gloves. Then, without warning, the entire craft started to rise into the air, expelling a plume of extremely hot air that set Michalak's shirt on fire and left him feeling acutely nauseous.

A later medical examination revealed burn patterns on his body consistent with his story. For the remainder of his life, Michalak maintained that what he had encountered was some sort of experimental aircraft and remained adamant that he had never claimed that it was alien in origin. He died in 1999, never knowing the truth behind what it was that he saw that day.


Creepy Green Light

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius
Did anyone ever come out & explain how Ed Walters (The Gulf Breeze Sightings) fooled a lot of people including Bruce Maccabee? I remember a video where Bruce put Ed's Poloroid camera in some sort of box that was sealed in such a method that if it was tampered with, he could tell & it would be obvious. Yet Ed takes another picture of his quasi translucent flying saucer & Bruce puts his stamp of approval on it that it's a real saucer.

I know Bruce put his stamp of approval on other cases that are false like the Guardian case in Canada, the New Zealand light filmed from an aircraft, Paul Trent & Rex Heflin's saucers and that one time when he thought the light of a computer mouse in the dark was a UFO. This makes me think that in order for Bruce to say Ed's wonky looking saucer is legit & he proved it by the experiment mentioned above, that he was perhaps in on it.

Creepy Green Light

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius
The Flatwoods Monster case was fascinating to me. Below is a sketch of the creature along side a photo I found of a certain type of owl as well as a History Channel MonsterQuest episode about it (which for some reason for the first time ever I heard it referred to as "Lizard Monster"). The story starts off with the crash of a UFO.

View: https://youtu.be/vYhDe7PGMSc?si=bWLT6xqk_RPDjj4G


  • Flatwoods.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0118.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0


As Above So Below

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CYFEZFNl6E

Forgotten Incident: Huge UFO Blocking the Sky Over Xiaoshan Airport

In the summer of 2010, the skies over Hangzhou’s Xiaoshan Airport became the center of attention as a huge UFO disrupted the regular bustle of air traffic. On the evening of July 7th, operations came to an abrupt halt when unidentified lights appeared, leading to a cascade of delayed and rerouted flights.

The alert was triggered by bright lights in the sky that moved erratically. Reports claim that air traffic controllers at the Hohhot Air Traffic Management Bureau spotted the object on their radar.

A flight crew preparing for descent first detected the object around 8:40 p.m. and notified the air traffic control department. Aviation authorities responded within minutes, grounding outbound flights and diverting inbound ones to airports in Ningbo and Wuxi.

The incident was so exceptional that the airport even sounded the air defense siren for it and warplanes patrolled all night. At that time, thousands of people at the airport witnessed the scene, taking photos and videos of different quality.

Eighteen flights were affected. Though normal operations resumed an hour later, the incident captured the attention of the Chinese media and sparked a firestorm of speculation on the UFO’s identity.

After about an hour, the object and the lights suddenly vanished and passenger jets were allowed to land. Fueling speculations further, Hangzhou residents released photos, taken in the afternoon before the delays, of a hovering object bathed in golden light and exhibiting a comet-like tail.

Real UFO video from 2010.

Less than an hour before the Xiaoshan airport shut down, residents said they also saw a flying object emitting red and white rays of light. Ma Shijun was taking a nighttime stroll with his wife when he saw the object.

“I felt a beam of light over my head. Looking up, I saw a streak of bright, white light flying across the sky, so I picked up the camera and took the photo. The time was 8:26 p.m. However, whether the object was a plane, or whether it was Xiaoshan Airport’s UFO, I don’t have a clear answer,” Ma told the Xinhua news agency.

The Hangzhou meteorological authorities proposed a more mundane explanation, suggesting the afternoon visuals were likely reflections from an aircraft. Zhu Jing, curator of the Beijing Planetarium, supported this theory regarding Ma’s photograph, comparing the image to the familiar sight of an airplane’s strobe lamps.

The following day, reports emerged from Chongqing, where another unidentified flying object was sighted, adding to the nationwide curiosity and debate.

After a few days, Chinese news reported that authorities learned what the UFO was after an investigation, but “there was no appropriate time to publicly disclose” the information because it had a “military connection,” state-run China Daily concluded.

And that’s literally all. Yes, that’s where the news on this scale ends. No investigations, nothing. This incident happened in 2010, when smartphones were not popular, but thousands of people witnessed UFOs, so many videos and photos were left on the Chinese network at that time.

A day later, all these videos and pictures were deleted by government departments. Even the news of CCTV reporting the event was deleted on that day. Only a few photos and videos left. Despite conflicting official explanations and eyewitness accounts, the true nature of the lights remains an open question.